Before you can start online sports betting and potentially winning real money wagering on sports, you’ll need to register for an online US sportsbook with one of your state’s licensed and regulated online casinos or sportsbooks. Only those who have been licensed and regulated by the state's local gaming regulator are given the approval tick. To narrow down your choices further, we have compiled a list of recommended US online sportsbooks that have all passed our stringent and impartial reviews.
How to Register with an Online US Sportsbook
Legal Betting Sites
If you are new to online betting, you will be pleased to learn that registering with an Online Sportsbook is a straightforward process. Almost all of the USA’s online sportsbooks offer sign-up either on their mobile betting apps or browser versions on PC’s and laptops. We have tested and created accounts at all of the leading sportsbooks, and in every case, it only takes minutes. Should it take any longer, the sportsbook may be suffering from heavy traffic, or you’ve either missed a step in the process, or have left one field unfilled.
Creating a Sportsbook Account in the United States
- You need to be at least 21-years-of-age to register for an online betting site in the majority of the states that have legalized Sports betting.
- You can register for an online US sportsbook account from anywhere in the United States.
- However, you must be physically located within the State's borders in order to place your bets. All licensed and regulated US online sportsbooks are protected by the latest geolocation technology.
- You’ll need to have your Social Security number handy to use the final 4 digits for identification purposes.
- Any data collected by the online sportsbook during the signup procedure will be for your own security, and protected by cutting Secure Socket Layer (SSL) digital encryption.
Each online sportsbook will be slightly different in their sign-up set-up, however, there is a range of common information that you will need to complete on the sportsbook’s registration form.
To begin, locate the button on the sportsbook’s home page that will either say ‘REGISTER’, ‘SIGN-UP’ or ‘JOIN NOW’. The button will be displayed in a bright color that stands out from the rest of the page.
Click on it.
You will be redirected to an online registration form to complete.
Navigate through the drop-down menus to fill the following information (the order of the required fields on the form may differ between online sportsbooks and their respective the app and browser versions, however, the below information is almost always required);
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- The Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Email Address
- Contact number
- Physical and/or Mailing Address
- Create a User Name
- Create a Password
- Confirm Password
- Fill in offer code or bonus code you may have
- Check the required Terms & Conditions
Is it legal to open an online sportsbook account in the US?
Yes. However, it must be one of the sites licensed and regulated by the State's gaming regulator.
Once I have registered, what payment methods can I use to deposit into my new online sportsbook account?
US online sportsbooks offer a selection of popular deposit methods to assist you with easier sportsbook banking ranging from PayPal, Credit & Debit Cards and Electronic Transfers. For more information, check out our Sportsbook Payments page.
Will I receive a sign-up or welcome bonus when I register at an online sportsbook?
Yes. To check the sign-up bonuses and other promotions offered by the top US online sports, see our bonus and promotions page.
Once registered, what sports can I bet on?
Do I have to live in the state to use their sportsbooks?
No. However, you will need to be physically located within the state's borders when placing your bets. You can Sign-Up and manage your sportsbook funds from any state in the United States.
Sports Betting NewsMore News
- Sports Betting
- Betting Guides
- How to Register with an Online US Sportsbook