How to Choose the Best MLB Betting Sites?
If you’re thinking ‘how does MLB betting work?’, you need search no further to find the answers. Our select team of researchers and experts are continually tracking down the best predictions and where you get the most bang for your buck.
We examine all the legal operators, numbers and statistics breaking it all down to maximize your leisure time and profits;
- Being a sport prone to upset underdog winners, we only recommend sportsbooks providing the best underdog odds; You only need look back at the unexpected 2014 San Francisco Giants World Series win over the Kansas City Royals at massive +375 odds to know that big money can be made betting on MLB.
- With baseball being a stats-driven sport, we look for the MLB online betting sites with most diverse range of betting markets and cover all the great categories like Most Season Home Runs, Lowest regular season ERA, most AL or NL hits, Most Pitching Wins etc. Endless betting opportunities exist and we want you to have the chance to bet on them all.
- We select bookmakers that provide free gambling advice and a spectrum of MLB predictions and blog articles on how to maximize your returns.
- As the MLB season is a long one at 162 regular season games, we recommend sites that send you free daily picks for your betting convenience.
MLB Betting Markets
- Money line betting – is the most popular form of MLB wagering. This type of bet requires sports bettors to pick an outright winner of the game. If the Yankees (+120) are playing the Dodgers (-130), the Dodgers are the favorite and the Yankees are the underdog. Underdogs are always represented by the plus sign (+) and favorites with the minus sign (-).
- Runline Betting – is very similar to a point spread in basketball or football. The betting site will adjust the line so the underdog will receive an advantage in the matchup. The underdog will receive +1.5 runs and the favorite will get -1.5 runs.
Using the same example of the Dodgers vs Yankees, Los Angeles must win by two or more runs or New York must either win or not lose by more than one run.
- Totals (Over/Under) Betting – When betting the total, you will need to decide if the total number of runs in the game will go OVER or UNDER the sportsbook’s selected number. For instance, if the total for Yankees vs Dodgers is set at 9.5 runs and the final score of the game is 6-3 (a combined score of 9runs), it would mean that the total went UNDER.
- First Home Run – (team or player)– Place a wager on which team or player will score the first home run of any MLB game.
- Number of Strikeouts – If you think you know exactly how many strikeouts a starting pitcher will potentially throw, wager on prediction to make some extra cash.
MLB Betting Specials
To add a dynamic dimension to your online gaming experience, a selection of special betting markets on MLB are also available;
MLB Parlay Betting – are an accumulated number of bets taken over a selection of MLB matches. Odds accumulate with each successful match prediction. Huge wins are possible if all legs of the bet are successful, but all must be correct to collect.
MLB In-play Live Betting – Live Betting has given new life to betting on MLB, as now players can log into their online betting accounts and see updated odds as each inning goes by for those of you who want to get in on the betting action during the action!
MLB Prop Bets – Prop bets are wagers placed on how a certain player or team will perform, or what will happen at a certain point in a game. MLB betting sites often offer countless of prop bets on a single MLB game. For example, betting on whether Cody Bellinger has more home runs in a single game than team-mate Max Muncy, or if it will rain during the 7th inning stretch in Game 2 of the World Series. Potential prop bets are endless.
World Series MVP – Bet on which player you believe will be voted as the best and most valuable player of MLB’s annual showpiece event, the World Series.
MLB Season Win Totals – Bet under or over a certain number of wins in the regular season for any given team. For example, sportsbooks may set the season win total for the Red Sox at 100. If you think that Boston will win more than 100 games in the season, you would bet the over, less than 100 games, then bet under. Season win bets are usually only available before the beginning of the season, however, at times you may discover updated win totals during the MLB season with the best betting sites.
MLB Betting Outrights
Cy Young Award Betting – Bet on which player you believe will be the best performing pitcher in each of the American & National League in the regular season.
MLB Rookie of The Year Betting – Bet on which player you believe will be the best performing rookie in each of the American & National League in the regular season.
MLB Home Run Betting – Bet on which player you believe will hit the most home runs in each of the American & National League throughout the NFL regular season.
American League and National League Championship Betting – Bet on which team will win their respective league, American League or National League.
World Series Outright Betting – The winner of the American League plays the winner of the National League in the biggest 7 matches of the MLB season for fans and gamblers alike, the MLB World Series. Bet on the World Series winner successfully and share it with your buddies!
MLB Betting Strategy for US Sportsbooks
Throughout the long-and-lengthy 162 game + playoffs MLB season, USALegalBetting’s team of MLB betting site auditors conduct regular checks across the United States best online betting sites assessing which of them offer the best odds consistently across a range of selected MLB betting markets.
Our experts regularly unearth that odds for any one MLB game may be offered with better pitching odds on one site, better hitting odds on yet another site and even the best match money line odds on a third site.
Consequently, we find that the best MLB Online Betting strategy is to;
Register with multiple MLB betting sites to get the best odds whenever you want and need them.
Give yourself the best opportunity to win real money by always receiving the best MLB betting odds.
MLB Schedule & Dates
- The MLB Regular Season comprises all 30 MLB teams playing 162 regular season matches from early April until late September each year.
- The MLB playoffs held in September/October each year features each league—American and National— playing a one-game wild-card playoff between two wild card teams, two best-of-five Division Series (LDS) featuring the wild-card winner and the winner of each division, and finally the best-of-seven League Championship Series (LCS).
- The big dance, the World Series, is the crowning glory of the MLB season. The winners of the American League Championship Series (ALCS) and the National League Championship Series (NLCS) play each other in the best-of-seven World Series, offering a range of superb betting opportunities.