Indiana Sportsbook Legal Requirements
Gambling in Indiana has been given a shot in the arm with the addition of legal online sportsbooks. In order to offer legally accept online sports wagers, they must adhere to following criteria;
- Operators wanting to establish sportsbooks in Indiana are required to pay an initial license fee of $100,000 and $50,000 renewal fee annually.
- Maintain a physical presence in Indiana.
- The legal sports betting age in Indiana is 21 years of age or older.
- You must be physically located within Indiana state borders.
- Indiana sportsbooks must pay a 9.5% tax on gross revenue.
- Online sportsbooks must be partnered with a licensed land-based casino and/or racetrack in Indiana.
- Each land-based casino partner can operate with up to three individually branded betting sites.
- Indiana online sportsbooks must keep their players money and the sportsbook’s operational money in separate accounts.
- Online sportsbooks are subject to regular testing by the Indiana Gaming Commission to ensure fair play for online players.
- The Indiana Gaming Commission has additional powers to set limits on in-play (live) betting.
How we Rank Indiana Sportsbooks
For Indianans online sports betting convenience, USALegalBetting have developed a comprehensive and stringent testing procedure for all of the Hoosier State’s online sportsbooks.
USALegalBetting’s panel of independent online sportsbook experts have undergone the sign-up procedure, deposited real money and placed wagers across a range of Indiana sports betting markets. We base our stringent online sports betting site reviews on those research outcomes and compared what Indiana has to offer with the best sports betting for New Jersey, the market leader for how things are done;
Indiana Sports Betting Exclusions
USALegalBetting’s panel of online sportsbook experts understand like you do, that security of your data, funds and personal details can in no way ever be compromised.
USALegalBetting’s recommended online sportsbooks all offer the latest protection in Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption (as used by leading banks and internet shopping sites worldwide) for your peace of mind and to safeguard your money and particulars.
Additionally, the Indiana Gaming Commission conducts regular, timely and thorough testing of electronic gaming devices and other gaming equipment with the aim to that online sportsbooks operate in a fair, responsible and legal manner.
Mobile & Apps
Mobile Devices and in particular, cell phones have become ubiquitous throughout the United States. All online sportsbook operators in the U.S. must now offer mobile play for their customers, and the state of Indiana is no exception. USALegalBetting thoroughly checks Indiana’s for full mobile compatibility across the following criteria;
- That they offer dedicated mobile apps, in addition to mobile browser, ‘no app required’ HTML5 technology.
- Android and iOS device mobile compatibility.
- Functionality of sportsbooks is identical across mobile and browser-based sportsbook versions.
- Touch and swipe capabilities are all fully functional.
- Any mobile specific bonuses are all operational and awarded to players.
Indiana online sportsbooks all operate within the boundaries of existing state and federal laws, and as such U.S. banks have no legal grounds to decline transactions with Indiana sports betting sites that accept Mastercard, Visa and popular web wallets.
Depositing and withdrawing money in/out of your Indiana online sportsbook will generally be available by the following methods:
- Credit & Debit cards like Mastercard & Visa.
- Web wallets – Paypal, Neteller, Skrill etc
- Electronic/Online Bank Transfers
- ACH Transfers
- Land-based casino partners, and;
- Online Sportsbook/Casino VIP or Prepaid cards.
Always check when joining any online sportsbook (or simply read our online sportsbook reviews for details) that your preferred deposit and withdrawal methods are accepted.
Before joining any online sportsbook, check that the customer support hours and methods suit your personal preferences.
Online sportsbooks will usually offer a selection of long hours or 24/7/365 contact options;
- Toll-free call options
- Live chat
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc)
- A thorough FAQs section
- A postal address
USALegalBetting’s recommended online sportsbooks usually only offer the best in thorough, knowledgeable and friendly customer-focused service with convenient opening hours.
Click Here for our overview of Indiana's online gambling and land-based casinos.