The champions of the National Hockey League each season are awarded hockey’s most prestigious trophy – the Stanley Cup. There is nothing like the fast-paced end-to-end action of an NHL game and the climatic Stanley Cup Finals. Here we let you know all the best and tested Stanley Cup Finals betting sites in the table below.
Stanley Cup Finals Betting Guide for 2023
Legal Betting Sites
We put all Stanley Cup Finals betting sites through a set of stringent sportsbook review criteria to safeguard they are the best selection for players. For the range of testing criteria, please check our sportsbook review page and click on “review” for unequivocal information on each sportsbook brand.
The NHL Stanley Cup Finals are hockey’s biggest annual event and showcase the sport played at its highest, toughest and most competitive level.
With so many Stanley Cup Finals betting sites available, deciding which betting apps are best can confuse bettors with the enormous selection available. Discerning which sportsbook offers the best Stanley Cup odds in 2023 or the best NHL bonuses and promotions can perplex even experienced bettors.
We have thoroughly examined and reviewed all the sites for Stanley Cup Finals betting and recommended just the top sportsbooks for your pleasure and security
What are the Stanley Cup Finals?
Following hockey’s regular season and the 2023 NHL playoffs, the Stanley Cup Finals are best-of-7-games series, with the winner being declared as the first to win four games in the series.
The best-of-seven format for the Stanley Cup Finals has been in place since 1939.
The team that makes it to the Stanley Cup Finals with the best regular season record hosts four home games to the other team’s three.
How to bet on the Stanley Cup Finals
If you are seasoned Stanley Cup Finals betting campaigner or making your debut with the NHL Stanley Cup Finals, either way there is a standard step-by-step process for bettors to follow in placing wagers on your favorite betting apps:
1. First, register with more than one of the recommended Stanley Cup Finals betting sites from the table above. The best odds to win Stanley Cup 2023 or Stanley Cup Finals betting line are frequently accessed through a range of different online sportsbooks. By registering with a collection of online sportsbooks, you give yourself the best chance to win big on Stanley Cup Finals betting odds.
2. Once you’ve joined several sportsbooks from the above alternatives, head to their respective ‘Hockey betting’ sections, or it may be phrased ‘Hockey’, ‘NHL’ or “Stanley Cup’ or ‘NHL Playoffs’. Check out the current odds to win the Stanley Cup in 2023 and full range of betting markets whether it be match betting, parlays, futures betting, prop wagers etc. to unearth what you consider to be the best betting value (For learners – a full explanation of bet types is available in the ‘Popular Types of Stanley Cup Bets’ section below. See our odds guide if you need assistance to understand odds).
3. Determine the form of wager you’d like to place;
- Match Betting (money-lines, puck-lines etc.)
- NHL Stanley Cup Finals Prop Bets
- Totals (Over/Under)
- Futures Betting (e.g., Stanley Cup Finals winner etc.)
- Parlay Betting plus more
4. Select your preferred betting amount, paying close attention if you can afford it. Smart bettors only bet what they can afford to lose. Any win should be considered a nice surprise rather than an expectation.
5. Having followed the steps above on your Stanley Cup Finals predictions, it’s time to deposit funds into your accounts. NHL Stanley Cup Finals sites offer a wide selection of secure and convenient payment methods. Follow the prompts by clicking ‘deposit’ and you’ll be ready to wager money on the very best Stanley Cup betting line within a matter of minutes.
6. In terms of futures betting on the Stanley Cup Finals, the sooner you place your bets, the better odds you will receive for your wager. Odds usually fluctuate downwards the closer you get to the Stanley Cup games.
Popular Types of Stanley Cup Finals Bets
There is a wide array of bet types available on Stanley Cup Finals betting sites. As with most team sports end-of-season finals, you can wager on the Stanley Cup winner on futures betting markets, include it in a parlay wager, bet on each game individually or place props wagers. Here’s a look at the popular types of Stanley Cup Finals bets:
- Money line – Wager on which team will win each individual game or the finals outright. No victory margin is needed, it is simply a bet to win or lose.
- Puck Line – An NHL Puck Line is similar to a points-spread wager in NBA or NFL (but in those sports they use a ball, hockey uses a puck). Bets are based on a 1.5 Goal Spread – you can either take a 1.5 goal margin on the favorite or take a 1.5 goal margin with the underdog team. Take the example of a favored New Jersey Devils vs. an underdog Carolina Hurricanes team, for you to win your wager, the Devils must win by two or more goals or the Hurricanes not to lose by more than one goal for either of the Puck Line Bets to be winners.
- Total points (over/under) – Wagering on the combined goal totals of the two teams competing in a Stanley Cup game are called the “over/under.” The number determined by NHL Stanley Cup Finals sites.
- Prop bets – Stanley Cup Finals prop bets can vary from the Finals MVP, goalies with most saves per game, the number of assists, goals or points for a team or player, or which conference will produce the winner.
- Future bets – Simple betting using money line (win/lose) odds usually placed on the team you believe will win the Stanley Cup, or props may also be available. Best placed as far as possible out from the Stanley Cup Finals to receive better odds.
Betting options beginners should avoid
The bet type with the odds most in favor of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals sites (and therefore, against you!) is parlay betting. With their accumulative characteristics, parlay bets are difficult to win, and, as such, best avoided by new bettors unless a parlay promotion is available.
Stanley Cup Finals Parlay wagers are a collection of 3-or-more bets – each individual bet in a parlay wager is known as a ‘leg’ – taken over a selection of finals games, or a number of in-game bets offered in any one of the 7 Stanley Cup Finals games (known as a ‘Same Game Parlay’).
With each successful leg in the parlay wager, the odds accumulate, BUT, should only one-leg of your parlay wager be a losing one, the parlay wager is lost outright.
For newcomers looking to cut their parlay betting risk and gain experience in sports betting’s trickiest type, check your NHL Stanley Cup Finals sites for parlay promotions, many of which pay out your bet as a winner even should you lose one leg of your NHL Stanley Cup Finals parlay wager.
For a more detailed explanation, see ‘Stanley Cup bonuses and promotions’ section below.
Live betting on the Stanley Cup Finals has become exponentially more popular over the last couple of years where live in-game odds reset after each period or in real NHL game time etc. are providing bettors with the most realistic sports betting experience possible.
During the Stanley Cup Finals, most sportsbooks usually have more live in-play options than usual with money lines, puck lines, and live totals betting (over/under) during games.
Watch for sportsbook ‘cash-out’ options to couple with live wagering options to back out of your bet if you are considering collecting your win early, or on the other hand, minimize any potential loss if it appears that your bet will lose.
Keep in contact with live betting action conveniently anywhere/anytime, with most Stanley Cup Finals betting sites providing live betting on the NHL’s ‘big dance’ on their mobile betting apps.
Who is the Favorite to Win the Stanley Cup Finals?
Winning the Stanley Cup is the goal of every hockey player in the NHL. Here’s a look at the early-season favorites to skate away with the cup in the 2023 Stanley Cup Finals.
The Avalanche are the defending champions and feature unparalleled defenseman Cale Makar, who won the Conn Smythe trophy after the 2022 playoffs. The 24-year-old gives the Avalanche a true two-way threat on the back line and center Nathan MacKinnon is one of the league’s most dynamic scorers.
The Bruins have remained a contender for the Stanley Cup for the last decade, only to keep falling short. Boston got off to a great start in the 2022-2023 season led by winger David Pastrnak and goalie Linus Ullmark.
After putting up 81 points last season, Hurricanes center Sebastian Aho is back for more. He paces a superb offensive attack for the Hurricanes. Goalie Frederik Andersen won 35 games in net for Carolina.
The Flames won the Pacific Division in 2022 with 50 wins, but lost star winger Johnny Gaudrean to Columbus in free agency. Now the Flames rely on a multi-pronged attack led by veteran center Nazem Kadri.
Vegas Golden Knights
Since making their debut in the NHL, the Golden Knights have done nothing but win. The expansion franchise – only in its sixth season – made the playoffs in their first four years. The Knights offense is powered by superstar Jack Eichel, who, when healthy, is one of the NHL’s top playmakers.
The Panthers are coming off an Atlantic Division title in 2022 but were swept by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the second round. Former Flames star Matthew Tkachuk has given the Panthers offense a major boost.
Stanley Cup Betting Bonuses and Promotions
When the NHL Playoffs begin in mid-April 2023, all the top NHL betting sites will release a range of Stanley Cup betting promotions and bonuses.
Looking at what was offered last year, you should expect some, if not all, of the following:
- Profit Boosts each day on Stanley Cup Finals matches when logging-on.
- Stanley Cup Finals money-back on games going to overtime.
- Odds Boosters
- Stanley Cup Finals In-Game Prop Parlay Specials -Refunds applies when losing 1-leg of your in-game prop parlay wager of 3+legs.
- Stanley Cup Parlay Insurance – Up to $100 Money Back if losing just 1-leg of a 4+-leg multi-game parlay bet on Stanley Cup matches
Don’t get put in the Penalty Box!
To view all available bonuses and promotions, NHL Stanley Cup Finals betting aficionados need to join and log-on with the sportsbooks to see all deals on offer.
Tips and strategies for Stanley Cup betting
Developing a successful Stanley Cup Finals Series Betting Strategy is not dependent on any single factor. However, there are a selection of Stanley Cup betting tips that you can use to mitigate the betting risks and bet smart.
- As the best teams in hockey are on the ice, the differences are blade thin and the best defenses win games. When money-line betting, study the starting goalie match-ups.
- For futures wagering, bet on deep rosters (all our favored teams above feature a strong bench) that can cover injuries.
- The Stanley Cup is almost always close. A deflection into the net can decide the title. Games are rarely blow out. Betting the under is smart.
- Don’t follow your personal bias. It’s business, not personal.
- Place wagers early to get the best futures odds.
- Read the betting news – Follow our Stanley Cup Finals predictions articles to discover the best bets.
- Wager with money you can afford to lose. Consider it fun – your betting decisions will be better as a result.
Fast Facts About the Stanley Cup Finals
Winners Last 10 Years
- 2022 – Colorado Avalanche
- 2021 – Tampa Bay Lightning
- 2020 – Tampa Bay Lightning
- 2019 – St. Louis Blues
- 2018 – Washington Capitals
- 2017 – Pittsburgh Penguins
- 2016 – Pittsburgh Penguins
- 2015 – Chicago Blackhawks
- 2014 – Los Angeles Kings
- 2013 – Chicago Blackhawks
Most Stanley Cup Finals Wins
- 24 – Montreal Canadiens
- 13 – Toronto Maple Leafs
- 11 – Detroit Red Wings
- 6 – Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks
Stanley Cup’s Biggest Underdog Victory
The 1980 New York Islanders were +8500 underdogs against the Philadelphia Flyers, but the Islanders won the series 4-2. It was the start of four Stanley Cup championships in a row for the Islanders.
Dates & Places
The NHL regular season will end on April 13 with the 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs starting shortly after. The exact date of the Stanley Cup Finals is unknown, but traditionally they begin in mid-June
Stanley Cup Betting FAQs
Who is the favorite to win the Hart Trophy (NHL MVP) in 2023?
Edmonton Oilers star forward Connor McDavid is the overwhelming favorite to win the Hart Trophy in 2023. He won the award in 2021 and 2017.
What team is the favorite to win the Presidents Trophy (most regular season points in 2023)?
Early in the 2022-2023 season, the Boston Bruins were favored to win the Presidents Trophy, followed closely by the Carolina Hurricanes and Vegas Golden Knights.
What are all the hockey post-season awards and what are they for?
No one does post-season awards like the NHL. They are known for their old names harkening back to when no one wore masks on the ice and real teeth were rare. Here are the awards and who they are for.
- Conn Smythe (NHL playoff MVP)
- Hart Memorial (NHL Most Valuable Player)
- Calder Trophy (Rookie of the Year)
- Vezina Trophy (Best goalkeeper)
- Norris (Best defenseman)
- Art Ross (Player with most points)
- Selke (Best defensive forward)
- Lady Byng (Best sportsmanship)
- Jack Adams (Coach of the Year)
- Maurice Richard (Most goals in regular season)
- King Clancy (Best leader)
How old is the Stanley Cup?
Dates vary, but it’s believed that the first Stanley Cup was awarded after the 1892-93 season and is the oldest trophy that can be won by professional athletes in North America. The name came from the then governor-general of Canada, Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston.
How much does the Stanley Cup weigh?
The silver cup weighs 34.5 pounds and has a value of just over $23,000. Of course, it’s priceless to the players who win it.
How many NHL teams have never won the Stanley Cup?
There are 10 active NHL teams who have never won a Stanley Cup: the Vancouver Canucks, Buffalo Sabres, Florida Panthers, Ottawa Senators, San Jose Sharks, Nashville Predators, Vegas Golden Knights, Columbus Blue Jackets, Minnesota Wild and Seattle Kraken.
Sports Betting NewsMore News
- Sports Betting
- Top Sportsbooks for Betting on Hockey
- Top NHL Betting Sites
- Stanley Cup Finals Betting Guide for 2023