Nothing feels more like winter in the United States than placing and winning a wager on a hockey game. Betting on hockey makes following world’s fastest competitive a whole lot more fun, however, with so many hockey betting sites out there, it’s tricky to make the right choice for hockey betting online. At USALegalBetting.com we aim to make hockey betting a breeze for you, in helping you learn about the ins and outs of betting on the NHL playoffs, finding the best US hockey betting sites from the myriad of options available and get the best advice, tips and predictions to make the most out of your betting on hockey games.
Top Sportsbooks for Betting on Hockey
Top Hockey Betting Sites
Choosing an Online Sportsbook for Hockey Betting
Hockey is a unique sport. If your goal is primarily to place wagers on hockey, you can do well to consider a betting site that specializes in hockey betting (it might be a different site to where you place your football bets) and offers the best hockey odds that you possibly can receive over the widest range of hockey matches.
When selecting a professional hockey betting site that suits your personal style of gaming, consider the following criteria;
Who has the Best Sign-Up or Welcome Bonuses for Hockey?
- Take into account many betting sites offer sign-up bonuses with hockey-specific wagering requirements. For example, some betting sites’ welcome bonus may include all NHL betting as contributing to the playthrough requirement of your welcome bonus.
Hockey Betting Site with Free Daily Tips and Picks
- The best hockey betting sites send you free daily picks and tips in order to simplify the process for you and maximize your leisure time.
Live streaming Hockey Games
- Stay up-to-date – As many NHL and Ice Hockey World Championship Games are only on expensive cable TV channels, we recommend sites with exclusive free live streaming services of games for the betting sites’ members.
Betting Markets & Odds on all popular Hockey Games
- Maximize your opportunities – USAlegalbetting.com recommends hockey
- The NHL regular season and Stanley Cup playoffs.
- Ice Hockey at the Winter Olympics – ice hockey has been regularly held as part of the Olympic Games since 1920.
- World Cup of Hockey – the 3rd event was held in 2016, and is held every 4 years.
- Ice Hockey World Championships – an annual international event organized by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF).
Educate yourself on the ways to win
- We also recommend hockey betting sites that offer regular weekly blog articles answering your most frequent queries like ‘how hockey betting lines work?’ ‘who are the favorites for this season’s Stanley Cup?’ and ‘what do hockey betting lines mean?”.
Hockey Betting Markets
- Money line – A simple win or loss wager on any single hockey game at odds set by the betting site. If your pick wins, you win money.
- Puck Line – A hockey Puck Line wager is a goal line spread bet and is almost identical to a Run Line bet in Baseball. Bets are based on a 1.5 goal spread, and wagers can be laid as betting 1.5 goals on the favorite or take 1.5 Goals with the underdog team.
For example, in the Ice Hockey World Cup, if a favorite U.S. National team is playing against an underdog Russian National team, then Team USA must win by two or more goals or the Russians must not lose by more than one goals for either of the Puck Line Bets to be a winning one.
- Over/Under – Bet on whether the combined goal totals of two teams competing in any particular hockey match are over or under the number determined by the hockey betting site.
First Goal Bet (player or team) – Wager on which player or team will score the first goal of any hockey match.
- Hockey Parlay Betting – An accumulated number of bets taken over a set series of hockey matches. Big wins are very possible as odds accumulate with each winning leg of the parlay, however, all picks must win for a parlay bet to be ultimately successful.
Popular Hockey Leagues
There are a wide variety of hockey leagues around the globe all offering exciting betting markets that genuinely reflect the fast nature of the sport;
- NHL Regular Season Betting – With 1271 regular season matches and 31 competing teams, North America’s NHL offers exciting action and a great range of betting opportunities.
- Stanley Cup Finals Betting – To close the NHL season, bet on the final two teams standing after the play-offs competing for Stanley Cup, the NHL’s annual showpiece 7-game event.
- Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) – The KHL is being regarded as the strongest ice-hockey league in all of Europe and is widely considered the number two professional hockey league in the world. Since its founding in 2008, the KHL has introduced 27 teams, with the top 8 in each conference making the playoffs.
- NCAA Hockey Betting – Bet on the top collegiate players and teams competing in a quality college league, with the top players looking to be drafted to the NHL.
- American Hockey League (AHL) – Bet on the AHL teams that are playing host to some of the most talented young players in the world who are just on the cusp of breaking into the NHL.
Best Hockey Tournaments & Events Betting
- Winter Olympics Gold Medal Betting – Every 4 years, wager on which of the best national teams in the world will take out the prestigious Olympic Hockey Gold Medal.
- Ice Hockey World Championship Betting – Bet on which national team will take out the annual Ice Hockey World Championship.
- World Cup Hockey Betting – A new edition from 2016. Every 4 years, bet on which national team will take out the coveted Hockey world Cup prize.
- NHL All Star Game Betting – The NHL hosts an annual series of fast play, quick bet, 3-on-3 matches to celebrate their annual all-star weekend.
- Champions Hockey League Final Betting – Similar to soccer’s Champions League, bet on the best club teams in Europe competing for the European Champions League trophy.
Best Hockey Betting Strategies for Sportsbooks
There are so many different hockey leagues and events today its difficult to keep track of the range of hockey betting opportunities available.
With that huge range, there are naturally some sites that have better odds for some matches/leagues than others.
If you always want to get the best and most competitive market odds for any given match, our best suggested hockey betting strategy is to;
Sign-up with several online hockey betting sites to ensure receiving the best hockey betting odds
No matter the sport, always give yourself the best chance of maximizing your winnings by accessing the best betting markets possible.
Hockey Betting FAQs
Which are the best Hockey betting sites available online?
Look for USALegalBetting’s collection of independently and expertly reviewed hockey betting sites to always receive the best odds, tips, service and predictions.
Can I bet on Team USA to win the Hockey World Championship?
Yes. You can bet on Team USA to win the Hockey World Championship in April 2023.
Can I bet on a hockey game after the face-off?
Yes. Our recommended hockey betting sites all offer live in-play hockey betting options with the betting odds recalculated in real time.
Which team is the favorite for the Stanley Cup in 2023?
The Colorado Avalanche are the outstanding favorites (+500) to lift the Stanley Cup in 2023.
Who are the defending Stanley Cup Champions, and can I bet on them?
Yes. Bet on the 2022 Stanley Cup champions, the Colorado Avalanche to repeat in 2023 at the odds of +500.
Sports Betting Newssee more
- Sports Betting
- Top Sportsbooks for Betting on Hockey