Football is one of the most popular sport in terms of sports betting in the United States. With the popularity of football betting, it’s no surprise to learn that all the top US legal bookmakers offer football betting. Here you will find our guide to the best bookmakers for betting on Football in America.
Football Betting Sites
Football's Top Bookmakers
How to Find Best US Sites to Bet on Football
When it comes to betting on football here is our list of the most important criteria for choosing where to place your bets.
Multiple Football leagues and Events
At USALegalBetting we recommend only the very best of football betting sites with a good range of multiple betting opportunities across a selection of leagues;
We recommend the football betting sites with only the highest quality mobile versions of their online sportsbook accessible by in-browser versions or even mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices.
Football betting sites with free daily picks and tips
Many of our recommended football betting sites offer a service of sending you a free weekly football betting prediction update, picks and betting on football tips to assist you in choosing your winners and making money.
Sites with the best odds in defensive categories
NCAA National Championships and NFL Super Bowls are most usually won by the best range of defensive teams and players in the competition. Betting sites with the strongest betting odds across the team and player defense categories are top of the list of our endorsed football betting sites.
Football Betting Advice Blogs and Articles
Many of USAlegalbetting.com’s recommended football betting sites offer regular blog articles on in order to assist in building your depth of knowledge on football betting in order to develop your personalized winning football betting strategy.
Football Betting Markets
- Money line bet – The most common form of football bet, the money line bet, is an easily understood win or loss wager on any stand-alone football match at odds determined by the football betting site.
- Points Spread Betting – A Point spread bet is another of the more popular football bet types. By way of example, if you are betting on the NFL’s New York Jets vs the Miami Dolphins, this scenario could result in the online football betting site giving the Dolphins a head start (+7.5) or handicapping the Jets (-7.5) to even the betting market.
- Totals or Over/Under Football Betting – Wager on whether the combined point totals of the two competing teams in a single match are over or under the number offered by the NFL betting site. For example, using a college game scenario, Penn State vs Ohio State at Over 49.5/Under 49.5. If you think that the Big Ten rivals will combine to score 50 points or more, you’d bet the over. If you expect them to score a combined less than 49 points, you would bet on the under.
- First Touchdown Bet (team or player) – Wager on which player or team will hit the score the first touchdown of a football game. On occasion, you may also be able to bet on the method of touchdown, passing touchdown or a run into the end zone.
- In-play Live Football Betting – Bet on football matches live as they are played at adjusting odds that are recalibrated in real time.
Popular Football Leagues
If you thought that football betting was only about the NFL, you’d only be partly correct. A range of football opportunities are available for avid football betting fans;
- NFL Regular Season Betting – By far the most followed and popular football league for betting in the United States today, the National Football League offers a range of great betting opportunities, including the biggest day on the American betting calendar; (see Super Bowl Betting in the ‘Popular Football Tournaments & Events Betting’ section below).
- College Football (or sometimes known as NCAA Football) Betting – While Sunday is the big day for NFL Betting in the United States, Saturday belongs to College Football Betting when the best colleges and Universities in the nation do battle to become the Number 1 ranked college team in the nation and/or look for a place in one of the popular bowl games in the Christmas-New Year holiday season.
- Canadian Football League (CFL) Betting – Full of young up-and-comers first making their way in the game, and looking for a back-door entry to the NFL, through to old NFL pros returning from injury, the CFL has a range of superb betting markets.
- Arena Football League Betting – Wager on the top indoor football players and teams, again, with the top players looking to be drafted to the NFL. Matches are played on a field approximately two-thirds of the size of regular football making for many scores and therefore, exciting betting opportunities.
- European Football League (EFL) Betting – Europe’s top team compete for the right to be named EFL Bowl champion. Surprisingly high standard of football where some NFL players play a season or two prior to retirement.
- NFL Conference Championship Betting – Wager on which team will win their respective NFL conference, AFC or NFC.
- Super Bowl Betting– The winner of the NFC plays the winner of the AFC on the biggest day on the U.S sporting calendar for bettors and sports fans alike, played on the last Sunday of January or the first Sunday of February each year. Wager on the winner and boast to your buddies.
- College Football National Championship Betting – Place your bets on the College Football Playoff National Championship game, the leading post-season college football bowl game, used to determine the national champion school of the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS).
- Rose Bowl Betting – Often known as the ‘grand-daddy’ of all college football bowl games, bet on the big game plated at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California, usually on January 1 each year.
- Pro Bowl (NFL All Star Game) Betting – The NFL hosts an annual end of season weekend celebration of football featuring a match between the best players in the league (as voted by the fans, the NFL coaches and the NFL players themselves).
Best Football Betting Strategy
Whatever you do with your Football Betting, there is an overall rule of thumb that will apply regardless of whether you are betting on college games or the NFL, or whether you prefer to lay parlay bets, money line or points spreads – make sure you always get the best possible odds you can for your wagers to maximize your wins!
Consequently, we recommend you sign-up with a range of our first-rate online football betting sites to ensure that you’ll always be wagering with the best betting odds on the market.
As a result, you’ll be making the maximum reward possible on each and every football wager that you make.
Football Betting FAQs
Can I place wagers on a college or NFL game after kick-off?
Our quality football betting sites offer live in-play College Football and NFL betting featuring constantly recalibrated odds in real time.
Can I bet on football matches on my phone?
Football online betting sportsbooks all offer betting odds available from your phone and other mobile devices (in both Android and iOS formats) and from your laptop and PCs.
Is football betting legal in the USA
It is legal to Bet on Football as long as your state has legalized sports betting and that you are making your bet in a bookmaker licensed in your state.
Where can I find predictions to football’s top events?
USAlegalbetting.com Offers predictions on all the top leagues and events taking place in Football
Can I have accounts for football betting in more than one sportsbook?
Yes, we recommend you have accounts at all the major sportsbooks to make sure you get the best odds
- Sports Betting
- Football Betting Sites