How to choose the best betting site to bet on NCAAF?
In building your personalized NCAAF betting strategy, a fundamental landmark in your journey to that goal can be primarily achieved by using only the very top quality online NCAAF online sportsbooks that offer the best NCAAF betting lines and odds.
We take on board a number of criteria for specifically selecting the best NCAA sportsbooks;
- Which online betting sites offer welcome bonuses with NCAA-specific free bets or NCAAF-orientated wagering requirements in order to cash out NCAAF winnings generated by your sign-up bonus.
- As defensive set-ups are not as strong in NCAAF games compared to the NFL, college football scorelines can often blow out. We track-down which online sportsbooks provide the best NCAAF betting markets in rushing, passing and receiving yards betting.
- Quality online sportsbooks complement our own in-season weekly NCAAF predictions with blogs and articles on player injuries, trades, form lines etc.
- Online sportsbooks that provide the best lines on underdog teams; Who can forget when Appalachian State became the first ever FCS team to defeat a top-flight NCAAF team when they defeated the Michigan Wolverines 34-32 in 2007 at incredible odds of +15000?
- Choosing a sportsbook that specializes in the NCAAF conference you prefer to wager on. Most online sites cover the higher profile games, but only the best online sportsbooks will get you lines and markets on the smaller teams and conferences.
NCAAF Betting Markets
- Money line – A straightforward wager on your NCAAF pick to win at set odds.
- Points Spread – Point Spread wagering is perfectly suited to the high-scoring nature of NCAAF and seeing a lead shrink as the leading team bloods its freshmen. For example, if you are wagering on Nebraska vs Oklahoma, this scenario could see the sportsbooks giving the Cornhuskers a points head-start (+6.5) or handicapping the Sooners (-6.5). Your team might lose the game, however, if they finish inside the points spread, you can still win your wager!
- First touchdown – (team or player)– Place a bet on which NCAAF team or player will score the first touchdown of any game.
- First Points – (team or player)– Place a wager on which NCAAF team or player will score the first points of any game, including field goals and safeties.
- Totals or Over/Under – Bet on whether the combined point totals of the two teams competing in a single NCAAF match are over or under the number offered by the online sportsbook. For example, the Florida Gators versus the Alabama Crimson Tide at Over 47.5/Under 47.5. If you believe the two teams will score a combined 48 points or more, you would bet the over. If you predict a score less than 47 combined points, you would bet on the under.
NCAAF Betting Specials
Adding an extra dimension to your online sports wagering experience, special betting markets reflect the cutthroat nature of college football;
- NCAAF Parlay Betting – an accumulated number of bets taken over a number of NCAAF games or same game prop bets. Odds accumulate just like compound interest with each successful leg of the parlay multiplying your win odds if all legs of your wager win.
- NCAAF In-play Live Betting – Bet on NCAAF games live as they are played with betting markets/odds/lines adjusting in real time.
- NCAAF Prop Betting – Proposition bets (or ‘props’ for short) are wagers taken on how certain players will perform in a NCAAF game or what will game at particular points during the game. Hundreds of props can be offered on a single game such as which running back will gain most yards, how many times quarterbacks will be sacked etc. The list of possible props is endless.
- Heisman Trophy Betting – Bet on the player you believe will be voted to become the leading NCAAF player each season.
- NCAAF Coach of the Year – Place your bets on which team coach will be voted the NCAAF’s most outstanding.
NCAAF Betting Outrights
- NCAAF National Championship Betting – Place your wagers on which team you think will win the NCCAF Division 1 National Title.
- NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association) National Football Championship Betting – Made famous by Netflix’s “Last Chance U”, many sportsbooks now offer odds for the NJCAA Championship game.
- Conference Champions Betting – Place a wager on which team will win your favorite or any NCAAF conference such as the SEC, Big 12, Big Ten, ACC etc.
- NCAAF Rushing Yards Betting – Bet on which NCAAF player you believe will have the most total rushing yards throughout the college football season.
- Bowl Betting – Bet on which NCAAF teams will win the many big games during ‘Bowl Game Season’ usually played in December to January each season.
Best NCAAF betting strategy
Take advantage of generous prop betting odds in NCAAF games.
Many professionals enjoy betting college football props because there is an existing edge for them to take advantage of. Many online sportsbooks spend less time building prop bet odds than they do on the more traditional lines such as money lines, points spreads and Over/Unders (totals) wagering. Additionally, as there are more players than in the NFL, the knowledge base of the sportsbooks on NCAAF individual players is less.
Consequently, many bettors make profits wagering on NCAAF props. Most of USA's quality online sportsbooks offer some form of NCAAF prop bets, usually in Over/Under format and bettors often find NCAAF prop lines at sportsbooks that are quite disparate from a player’s average or projected per game numbers.
NCAAF Schedule & Dates
- The NCAAF regular season usually runs from September until the first two weeks of January.
- The post-season or ‘Bowl Game Season’ deciding the national champions, conference winners etc. usually runs from mid-December until the second week of January to coincide with the holidays.