Locating the best quality NBA Finals betting sites is no slam dunk – there are so many options – what’s good? And what is not? Relax. We have you covered. In the table below, there’s a list of only the safest-and-most reputable betting sites for the NBA Finals in June.
NBA Finals Betting Guide for 2023
Legal Betting Sites
We put the betting sites through a set of rigorous review criteria to ensure they are up to scratch. For the range of selection criteria, please check our sportsbook review page and click on “review” for specific information on each sportsbook brand.
Dating back to 1947, the NBA Finals are one of America’s greatest sporting traditions and annual betting bonanza.
With intense interest in NBA Finals betting, bettors simply have too much choice to try and keep track of all the NBA Finals betting sites and which sites have the most compelling service and odds combo.
As NBA Finals betting experts ourselves, our team of sportsbook review specialists keep track of which online sportsbooks will get you first-rate NBA Finals Odds and handle your sports wagering with secure, and professional, aplomb plus help you pick a winning wager.
What are the NBA Finals?
The NBA Finals are the culmination of the National Basketball Association (NBA) season each year. Following the regular season, Play-In Tournament and playoffs, the final two teams remaining – the respective Eastern and Western conference champions -- play a best-of-seven game series to determine the NBA champion.
The team with home-court advantage (determined by the best regular season record of the two teams) hosts the first two games and the fifth and seventh of the series, while their opponents host games three, four and six.
How to Bet on NBA Finals
If you are just getting started with betting on the NBA Finals or a seasoned bettor there’s a step-by-step rhythm for bettors to follow to place your NBA Finals wagers:
- Our tip is to join more than one of the recommended NBA Finals betting sites listed above. The best NBA Finals winner odds or NBA Finals futures odds are accessed through a selection of different online sportsbooks. By signing up with a range of NBA Finals betting sites, you will give yourself the best chance to never be disappointed in the odds you receive. Choose from the list of recommended online sportsbooks above that have all passed our rigorous online sportsbook review process.
- Having selected several sportsbooks from the list above, navigate to their respective ‘Basketball betting’ sections (which also might be broken down further to ‘NBA’ or NBA Finals’ sections). This is usually along the left-hand side of the screen. Examine the NBA Finals Odds whether it be futures betting, match betting, parlays, prop bets etc. to discover the best types and the best value (For beginners – an explanation of different bet types, please consult the ‘Popular Types of NBA Finals Bets’ section below. Odds are also explained in our odds guide).
- Choose the type of wager you’d like to place;
Match Betting (point spreads, money lines etc.)
NBA Finals prop bets
Futures Betting (e.g. NBA Finals winner etc.)
Other Bet Types
- Set your preferred betting amount, it should be a figure that you can afford to lose. Keep in mind your NBA Finals betting should be considered an entertainment expense; not as your second paycheck.
- After joining several NBA Finals betting sites and selecting a bet type and amount, you’ll need to deposit money to your online sportsbook accounts. In most cases, you will qualify you for a Sign-Up Bonus (usually a first deposit match or risk-free first bet are the most common bonuses and promotions). Be certain to read the terms and conditions of the offer. Once registered and deposited using one of convenient payment methods, it’s time to get your wager placed and lock in the best possible betting odds to maximize your profits.
- The best odds are available early in the season, or as soon as the last season ends. Just check out one of the sportsbooks “future bets” and you can bet on the NBA Finals long before they start.
Popular Types of NBA Finals Bets
Unlike college basketball betting, NBA Finals betting sites have a wide selection of bet types including props (short for proposition). Let’s examine some of the most popular.
- Moneyline – No winning point margin to select, simply choose which team will win any NBA Finals games or the entire series.
- Future bets – Pick the NBA Finals Winner, or the NBA Finals MVP or Rookie of the Year.
- Point Spreads – Point spreads are the sportsbooks way of balancing the odds and setting a total for how many points they expect the favorite to win. The favorite has to ‘cover’ the spread for your bet on them to be successful. For example, if you are betting on the Lakers vs. the Nets. this may involve giving L.A. a head start (+4.5) or handicapping the Nets (-4.5). If you take the Lakers, you only win the bet if they win by five points or more. Even if the Nets lose, as long as it's by four points or less, you can still win your bet on the Nets.
- Total points (over/under) – Wager on the combined point totals of the NBA Finals teams competing in a game to be ‘over or under’ the points total set by the sportsbook. For example, betting on the Nets and Lakers scoring over or under a combined 141 points.
- Prop bets – NBA Finals prop bets are too many to list They can vary from the NBA Finals MVP, the number of assists, rebounds and points for a team or player, number of 3-point buckets or futures on whether the NBA Finals Winner will be from the East or west Coast.
- In-play Live Betting – Place live bets on NBA Finals games at changing betting odds in real time.
Betting options beginners should avoid
Parlay Bets – Parlay wagers are best avoided by newcomers; however, many NBA Finals betting sites have begun offering special promotions to lessen the risk for beginners.
Parlay bets are a collection of 3-or-more wagers – each separate bet in a parlay wager is known as a ‘leg’, placed over several NBA Finals games, or multiple in-game bets placed in one of the 7 NBA Final games (‘Same Game Parlay’).
With each leg won in the parlay wager, the winning odds accumulate, however, should one leg of your parlay wager happen to lose, the bet is lost overall.
For newcomers looking to experience parlay betting, many NBA Finals betting sites have promotions to pay out your parlay wager should lose one leg of the bet.
Consult ‘NBA Finals betting bonuses and promotions’ section below for further details.
Fans of the NBA and live in-play betting, will love NBA Finals time.
NBA Finals live betting allows you to place your bets as the action plays out on the court, with the odds updated in real time as the game unfolds.
In-play live betting usually offers the same bets seen in regular betting and they are offered in mobile version to bet live anytime/anywhere. Many sportsbooks also allow for a ‘cash out’ option when live betting, to opt out of your wager if it looks like losing at any point of the match. Or simply take your win early to assure it.
Using cash-out and in-play live betting action combined can help minimize your losses and maximize your wins in mobile format at home or on-the-go.
Who is the Favorite to Win the NBA Finals?
Looking for NBA Finals betting tips? NBA Finals predictions? Who will win the NBA Finals, the best odds to win the NBA Finals or even the best possible NBA Finals underdogs? Let’s examine the main contenders for the title and their NBA Finals betting odds as of this writing;
Odds to win the NBA Finals
Giannis Antetokounmpo has developed into the NBA’s most fascinating player. The “Greek Freak” is a defensive force with his long arms and an unstoppable offensive player with great balance and instincts. Antetokounmpo partners with guard Jrue Holiday to make the Bucks the team to beat early in the 2022-2023 NBA season. The Bucks won the NBA Finals in 2021, beating the Phoenix Suns 4-2.
Odds to win the NBA Finals
After losing in the NBA Finals in 2022, the Celtics are looking to take the next step and put an 18th banner up in Beantown. The Celtics are known for great team defense and Jayson Tatum has that big-game mentality where he elevates his game when the stakes are high. Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart patrol the perimeter, giving the Celtics great balance inside and out.
Odds to win the NBA Finals
Finally healthy for the 2022-2023 season, the Clippers (not the Lakers) are the talk in Los Angeles. Paul George (PG-13) is a walking bucket with great range, and he likes to talk a little bit too. Kawhi Leonard is a two-time NBA Finals winner and can man up on any player in the NBA (he doesn’t talk though). Former Wizards star John Wall has given the Clippers instant offense.
Golden State Warriors
Odds to win the NBA Finals
Even though they got off to a horrible start in 2022, the Warriors -- the “Dubs” -- have been the leading franchise in the NBA for almost a decade. Stephen Curry is the greatest modern-day shooter in NBA history and his range and accuracy changed the whole landscape of the league as teams tried to match him. His running mate in the backcourt is Klay Thompson, who is just as deadly. Don’t let the Warriors get hot, or it will be all over.
Odds to win the NBA Finals
The Suns took the NBA by storm the last few years with sensational guard Devin Booker and center Deandre Ayton giving the team a formidable inside-out duo. Veteran point guard Chris Paul still knows how to find all the open spots in the defense.
Odds to win the NBA Finals
Plagued with turmoil early in the season, the Nets got off to a rocky start, but they still have one of the best players in the game in Kevin Durant. The 6-foot-10 Durant has won a pair of NBA titles and is a 12-time NBA All-Star. He makes the Nets contenders any time he’s on the floor.
NBA Finals Betting Bonuses and Promotions
Come June, the best betting apps will release a selection of betting bonuses, promotions, and NBA Finals betting news.
NBA Finals betting sites will no doubt add a range of new deals in 2023 to back up annual betting favorites like;
- NBA Finals Odds Boosters
- Profit Boosts each day on all NBA Finals matches on your daily log-ons
- NBA Finals money-back on games going to overtime.
- Risk-Free Bet Refunders
- NBA Finals In-Game Prop Parlay Specials – Bet refunds if losing only 1-leg of your in-game prop parlay wager of 3+legs.
- NBA Finals Parlay Insurance – Get $25 to 50 Money Back if you lose only 1-leg of a 4+-leg multi-game parlay bet on NBA Finals games.
Important note: To view all available bonuses and promotions, NBA Finals betting enthusiasts will need to register with the respective sportsbooks to view all available promo deals.
Tips and Strategies for NBA Finals betting
Consider altering your approach from betting on the NBA regular season to betting on the NBA Finals. That’s because these are the same two teams going at it over a brutal series.
Being flexible as the NBA season moves on is key. Maintaining your regular betting practices is unlikely to evolve into a successful NBA Finals betting strategy:
- Staying alert for injury updates becomes vital. As the top two teams make it through to the NBA Finals, every small personnel change is focused upon by NBA Finals betting sites.
- With less games, the lines tighten. Your research and accuracy of betting information you consume will be vital to your betting success.
- Remain informed. Read our predictions each week throughout the NBA season and NBA Final betting tips at playoffs time.
- Persist with objectivity. Examine game data without bias. Betting with your heart instead of your head is a recipe for failure.
- Versatility, bench depth and experience at NBA Finals level is key.
- If you are placing an NBA Finals futures wager, the sooner you bet before the NBA Finals roll around will ensure the best odds available.
- Allocate an NBA Finals Betting Bankroll and don’t break it. Bet only with money you can afford to lose and you will develop smarter and leaner wagers.
NBA Finals Fast Facts
Winners Last 10 years
- 2022 – Golden State Warriors
- 2021 – Milwaukee Bucks
- 2020 – Los Angeles Lakers
- 2019 – Toronto Raptors
- 2018 – Golden State Warriors
- 2017 – Golden State Warriors
- 2016 – Cleveland Cavaliers
- 2015 – Golden State Warriors
- 2014 – San Antonio Spurs
- 2013 – Miami Heat
Most NBA Finals Wins
- 17 – Los Angeles Lakers
- 17 – Boston Celtics
- 7 – Golden State Warriors
- 6 – Chicago Bulls
- 5 – San Antonio Spurs
NBA Finals Biggest Underdog Victory
Entering the 2004 season, the Detroit Pistons were listed as +1500 to win the NBA title. When they reached the finals, few expected them to topple Kobe Bryant and the Lakers and the Lakers were +500 to win. However, Rip Hamilton had a big series and the Lakers had no answer as the Pistons pulled a 4-1 series upset.
This year’s NBA Finals are tentatively slated to start June 1 through June 18.
NBA Finals FAQs
Who won the NBA Finals last season?
Appearing in the NBA Finals for the sixth time in the last eight years, the Golden State Warriors took down the Boston Celtics, 4-2, in 2022. It was the franchise’s fourth NBA title in eight seasons.
How many teams have never won the NBA Finals?
What is the easiest bet to make on the NBA Finals?
The easiest bet to make is a series bet, simply pick the team you think will win the NBA Finals.
What’s the most common NBA Finals match-up?
Incredibly, the Lakers and Celtics have met in the NBA Finals 12 times. The Celtics lead the all-time series in the finals 9-3. The Lakers franchise (Minneapolis and Los Angeles) have also played the Syracuse Nationals/Philadelphia 76ers six times in the NBA Finals. The Lakers won five of those.
Who has been named NBA Finals MVP the most times?
- 6 – Michael Jordan (Chicago Bulls)
- 4 – LeBron James (Miami Heat, Cleveland Cavaliers, LA Lakers)
- 3 – Magic Johnson (LA Lakers)
- 3 – Shaquille O’Neal (LA Lakers)
- 3 --Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs)