Locating the best quality NBA Finals betting sites in New Jersey is a needle- in-a-haystack affair – there’s so much choice – what’s good – and what is not? Relax. We have it covered. In the table below, there’s a list of only the safest-and-most reputable NBA Finals NJ betting sites.
NBA Finals Betting Guide for 2021
NJ Legal Betting Sites
We place the betting sites through a set of rigorous sportsbooks reviews criteria to ensure they are up to scratch for NJ players. For the range of selection criteria, please check our sportsbook review page and click on “review” for specific information on each sportsbook brand.
One of America’s greatest sporting traditions and annual betting bonanza, the NBA Finals stop the nation every late spring/early summer.
With intense interest in NBA Finals betting, NJ bettors simply have too much choice to try and keep track of all the NBA Finals betting sites in New Jersey and which sites have the most compelling service and odds combo.
As NBA Finals betting aficionados ourselves, our team of sportsbook review specialists keep track of which online sportsbooks will get you top-notch NBA Finals Odds and handle your sports wagering with secure-and-professional aplomb plus help you pick a winning wager.
What are the NBA Finals?
The NBA Finals are the culmination of the National Basketball Association (NBA) season each year. Following the regular season and playoffs, the final two teams remaining – the respective Eastern and Western conference champions play a best-of-seven game series to determine the league champion.
The team with home-court advantage (determined by the best regular season record of the two teams) hosts the first two games and the fifth and seventh of the series, while their opponents host games three, four and six.
How to Bet on NBA Finals in New Jersey
If you are just getting started with NBA Finals betting for the first time, or a seasoned veteran bettor there’s a step-by-step rhythm for New Jersey bettors to follow to place your NBA Finals wagers;
- Our tip is to join more than one of the recommended NBA Finals betting sites in New Jersey listed above. The best NBA Finals winner odds or NBA Finals futures odds are accessed through a selection of different online sportsbooks. By signing up with a range of NBA Finals betting sites, you will give yourself the best possibility to never be disappointed in the odds you receive. Choose from the list of recommended online sportsbooks above that have all passed our rigorous online sportsbook review process.
- Having selected several sportsbooks from the list above, navigate to their respective ‘Basketball betting’ sections (which also might be broken down further to ‘NBA’ or NBA Finals’ sections). Examine the NBA Finals Odds on offer whether it be futures betting, match betting, parlays, prop bets etc to discover what your best types and the best value (For beginners – an explanation of different bet types, please consult the ‘Popular Types of NBA Finals Bets’ section below. Odds are also explained in our odds guide).
- Choose the type of wager you’d like to place;
- Match Betting (point spreads, money lines etc.)
• NBA Finals prop bets
• Futures Betting (e.g. NBA Finals winner etc.)
• Parlay Betting; and many more bet types besides.
- Choose your preferred betting amount, it should be a figure that you can afford to lose. Keep in mind your NBA Finals betting should be considered an entertainment expense; not as your second paycheck.
- After joining a number of NBA Finals NJ betting sites and selecting a bet type and amount, you’ll need to deposit money to your online sportsbook accounts. In most cases, you will qualify you for a Sign-Up Bonus (usually a first deposit match or risk-free first bet are the most common bonuses and promotions). Be certain to read the terms and conditions of the offer. Once registered and deposited using one of convenient payment methods, time to get your wager placed and lock in the best possible betting odds in order to maximize your wins.
- Early bets usually have the best NBA Finals betting odds in particular in futures betting markets like NBA Finals Winners.
Popular Types of NBA Finals Bets
Unlike college basketball betting on games in the NCAA, NBA Finals betting sites in NJ have a wide selection of bet types including props. Let’s examine some of the most popular
- Moneyline – No winning point margin to select, simply choose which team will win any NBA Finals match or the entire series.
- Future bets – Pick the NBA Finals Winner.
- Point Spreads – A match-betting favorite. For example, if you are betting on the Lakers vs the Nets this may involve giving L.A. a head start (+4.5) or handicapping the Nets (-4.5). Your team might lose the game, but if they finish inside the 4.5 margin, you remain a winner!
- Total points (over/under) – Wager on the combined point totals of the NBA Finals teams competing in a game to be ‘over or under’ the points total set by the sportsbook. For example, betting on the Nets and Lakers scoring over or under a combined 141 points.
- Prop bets – NBA Finals prop bets are too many to list They can vary from the NBA Finals MVP, the number of assists, rebounds and points for a team or player, number of 3-point buckets or futures on whether the NBA Finals Winner will be from the East or west Coast.
- In-play Live Betting – Place live bets on NBA Finals games at changing betting odds in real time.
Betting option beginners should avoid
Parlay Bets – Parlay wagers are best avoided by newcomers; however, many NBA Finals betting sites have begun offering special promotions to lessen the risk for beginners.
Parlay bets are a collection of 3-or-more wagers – each separate bet in a parlay wager is known as a ‘leg’, placed over several NBA Finals games, or multiple in-game bets placed in one of the 7 NBA Final games (‘Same Game Parlay’).
With each leg won in the parlay wager, the winning odds accumulate, however, should one leg of your parlay wager happen to lose, the bet is lost overall.
For newcomers looking to experience parlay betting, many of the NBA Finals betting sites in New Jersey have promotions to pay out your parlay wager should lose one leg of the bet.
Consult ‘NBA Finals betting bonuses and promotions’ section below for further details.
Fans of the NBA and live in-play betting, will love NBA Finals time.
NBA Finals live betting empowers you to place your bets as the big game action plays out on the court, with the odds updated in real time as the action unfolds.
In-play live betting usually offers most markets offered in regular betting and they are offered in mobile version to bet live anytime/anywhere. Many sportsbooks also allow for a ‘cash out’ option when live betting, to opt out of your wager if it looks like losing at any point of the match. Or simply take your win early to assure it.
Using cash-out and in-play live betting action comibined can help minimize your losses, and maximize your wins in mobile format at home or on-the-go.
Who is the Favorite to Win the NBA Finals?
Searching for NBA Finals betting tips, NBA Finals predictions, who will win the NBA Finals, the best odds to win the NBA Finals or even the best possible NBA Finals underdogs? Let’s examine the main contenders for the title and their NBA Finals betting odds;
Much-loved by NJ betting fans even after their shift from the Garden State to Brooklyn, the Nets have 3 out-and-out superstars in Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and James Harden. Add a deep, quality bench to that equation and the Nets are deserved favorites to win their first-ever NBA title.
LeBron James and his team of defending NBA champions may need to keep their best starting 5 on the court if they are to repeat this year. Recent injuries have not helped and the Lakers now face a stiff challenge from the Clippers and Jazz in the West.
One of the most improved teams this season, the Clippers are now seriously challenging the Lakers for both L.A. and West dominance. Learning from last year’s mistakes of depending too heavily on twin superstars, Paul George and Kawhi Leonard, has vaulted the Clippers into title-contending territory.
The Nets’ biggest opposition in the East. Led by All-Star Giannis Antetokounmpo entering the prime of his career, a much-improved defense and the addition of Jrue Holiday as a point-scoring guard, the Bucks are a genuine title chance.
The Jazz are led by a pair of stars in Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert and with both signing long-term deals they have settled their differences on-and-off the court. The entire starting five plus one benchman all average double-digit points-per-game. Offensive weapons everywhere and much-improved defense on last year.
NBA Finals Betting Bonuses and Promotions
Come June/July 2021, NJ’s best betting apps will release a selection of betting bonuses, promotions and NBA Finals betting news.
NBA Finals NJ betting sites will no doubt add a range of new deals in 2021 to back up annual betting favorites like;
- NBA Finals Odds Boosters
- Profit Boosts each day on all NBA Finals matches on your daily log-ons
- NBA Finals money-back on games going to overtime.
- Risk-Free Bet Refunders
- NBA Finals In-Game Prop Parlay Specials – Bet refunds if losing only 1-leg of your in-game prop parlay wager of 3+legs.
- NBA Finals Parlay Insurance – Get $25 to 50 Money Back if you lose only 1-leg of a 4+-leg multi-game parlay bet on NBA Finals games.
To view all available bonuses and promotions, NBA Finals betting enthusiasts will need to register with the respective sportsbooks to view all available promo deals.
Tips and Strategies for NBA Finals betting in NJ
You’ll need to switch up your NBA Playoffs and NBA Finals betting compared to your regular season NBA betting.
Being flexible as the NBA season deepens is key. Maintaining your regular betting practices is unlikely to evolve into a successful NBA Finals betting strategy;
- Staying alert for injury updates becomes vital. As the top two teams make it through to the NBA Finals, every small personnel change is focused upon by NBA Finals betting sites in New Jersey.
- With less games, betting lines tighten. Your research and accuracy of betting information you consume will be vital to your betting success.
- Remain informed. Read our predictions each week throughout the NBA season and NBA Final betting tips at playoffs time.
- Persist with your objectivity. Examine game data without bias. Betting with your heart instead of your head is a recipe for failure.
- Versatility, bench depth and experience at NBA Finals level is key. The Nets recruiting Durant, Irving and Harden is all the evidence you require of its importance.
- If you are placing an NBA Finals futures Wager, the sooner you bet before the NBA Finals roll around will ensure the best odds available.
- Allocate an NBA Finals Betting Bankroll and don’t break it. Bet only with money you can afford to lose and you will develop smarter and leaner wagers.
Statistics and useful general information
NBA Finals Winners Last 10 years
- 2020 – Los Angeles Lakers
- 2019 – Toronto Raptors
- 2017-2018 – Golden State Warriors
- 2016 – Cleveland Cavaliers
- 2015 – Golden State Warriors
- 2014 – San Antonio Spurs
- 2012-2013 – Miami Heat
- 2011 – Dallas Mavericks
Most NBA Finals Wins
- 17 – Los Angeles Lakers
- 17 – Boston Celtics
- 6 – Chicago Bulls & Golden State Warriors
- 5 – San Antonio Spurs
NBA Finals Biggest Underdog Victory
In 2004, the Detroit Pistons were +1500 in the NBA preseason to win the NBA Finals. Come finals time, still no-one considered the Pistons a serious threat (+500) to overcome the Kobe Bryant-led Los Angeles Lakers. However, the Pistons emerged victorious 4-1.
The NBA Finals are tentatively scheduled over a two-week span, July 8-22 2021.
The NBA Finals locations will be announced when the two teams that qualify for the Western and Eastern Conferences respectively are known in late June/early July 2021.