All the best sports bettors know that finding an efficient and professional online sportsbook is critical to success for their PGA Championship betting. We cut-through the vast number of sportsbook choices to recommend only the very best PGA Championship betting sites in New Jersey on the table below.
PGA Championship Betting in NJ
NJ Legal Betting Sites
For Golf bettors curious in how we rate the betting sites in the above table, please see our sportsbooks reviews page for more details. Sportsbooks Reviews can be accessed by clicking on the “review” tab.
In our PGA Championship betting guide, get the lowdown on 2021’s second major. One of Golf’s Holy Grail – the 4 major tournaments – the US PGA Championship returns to South Carolina’s Kiawah Island in May 2021 with the strongest international field assembled in more than 2 years.
In our New Jersey PGA online betting preview, we describe how to get betting value for your wagers, the players and their odds, developing a successful betting strategy, PGA Championship betting tips and vitally, advising you which of the NJ online sportsbooks will provide the best bang for your PGA betting buck.
What is the PGA Championship?
One of Golf’s 4 majors alongside the U.S. Masters, the U.S. Open and the British Open, the U.S. PGA Championship 2020/2021 returns to Kiawah Island, South Carolina for only the second time. The site last hosted the prestigious tournament when Northern Irishman Rory McIlroy took out South Carolina’s first ever major in 2012.
A 72-hole stroke play tournament with a rich history dating back as far as 1916 has strong ties to New Jersey with the tough Baltusrol course in Springfield hosting the event twice (In 2005 when won by Phil Mickelson and the 2016 event won by Jimmy Walker).
The defending champion is Colin Morikawa, currently 8th on the PGA betting line to repeat in 2021 with FanDuel at +2200.
How to Bet on the PGA Championship in New Jersey
From seasoned sports betting experts to beginners alike looking to tap into the best PGA Championship betting odds, you’ll all require to follow same step-by-step process in order to get started with betting on the PGA Championship;
- Begin by registering with several of the above recommended NJ PGA Championship betting sites to enjoy a variety of different betting markets and the best odds for the tournament. For example, you might receive great odds on Dustin Johnson to win with FanDuel and find the best prop bet for the lowest second round with Borgata. We will discuss the different betting market types available later in this betting guide. For those new to vagaries of betting odds, please consult our odds guide.
- From one of the several NJ PGA Championship betting sites you signed up to, head to the ‘Golf betting’ section, or it may be named ‘PGA Tour’ or ‘PGA Championship betting’. Study the different betting markets and PGA Championship betting odds available, such as money lines, props etc.
- Choose the type of PGA golf bets you’d like to place;
• Outright Winner
• Round leaders
• Match Betting (between two golfers in a single group)
• Futures Betting (e.g. Outright tournament winner selected weeks or months before the event to get better odds) etc.)
- Select your chosen betting amount, keeping firmly in your mind that it should be a bet figure that you can afford to lose. Like any other form of online sports or online casino wagering, your PGA Championship betting is best considered an entertainment expense rather than your potential second paycheck.
- After registering with a selection of the recommended NJ PGA Championship betting sites and choosing a personalized amount and type, it’s time to deposit money to your sportsbook accounts. Regardless of which online sportsbooks you have selected, you will qualify for a Welcome Bonus (most commonly a risk-free first bet or a first deposit matching bonus are the sign-up bonuses and promotions in NJ). Read the terms and conditions of the offer thoroughly. Once you have deposited using one of convenient payment methods on offer, get your wager locked in to secure the best possible betting odds and enjoy maximizing your potential wins from the PGA Championship sites.
- Early wagering almost always secures the best possible PGA Championship betting odds in futures betting markets like PGA Championship outright winner.
Popular Types of PGA Championship Bets
Due to the nature of the sport of golf, the number of betting types on offer are not as wide as some other sports like NFL, MLB or NBA. However, there are some nice betting markets available through the PGA Championship betting sites in NJ that inspire the imagination and can potentially help your wallet grow fatter;
- Outright Winner – Whether taken as a futures wager to secure the best odds, or live in-play during the tournament, picking the PGA Championship Winner is the easiest and most popular betting type.
- Match Betting – For the last two rounds of a major tournament like the PGA Championship, the golfers are grouped together in a pair. Bet on which player will shoot the lowest score in their pair.
- Three Ball Betting – As above for match betting, choose which of three players grouped together for Rounds 1 & 2 will shoot the lowest score.
- Group Betting – Prediction wager on which player in the group will finish highest on the leader board after the round’s completion.
- Prop Betting – From nationality of the winner, to the longest drive in the tournament and most birdies during play, a huge number of prop bets are on offer.
Betting option beginners should avoid
Parlay Bets – Betting on an outright winner in Golf is hard enough, but including the PGA Championship winner as one-leg of a parlay wager is downright betting suicide for any beginner and a pitfall best avoided.
Given the accumulative of the wager (Parlay bets are a selection of 3-or-more wagers – each standalone bet in a parlay wager is known as a ‘leg’) parlay bets are difficult to win, and therefore avoided by newcomers unless a parlay promo is on offer.
For beginners looking to decrease risk while increasing their experience in parlay betting, many NJ PGA Championship betting sites and betting apps have ongoing promotions which will pay out your win even should you lose one leg of your parlay wager
See ‘PGA Championship betting bonuses and promotions’ section below for further details.
Live betting has been one of the fastest-growing types of betting across all sports in recent years, and is a fun way to wager on golf with odds updating in real time. If the golfer you bet on in your futures wager, let’s say Dustin Johnson, is out of the winning mix or misses the cut, you can get back on winning ways by betting on a different golfer like Bryson DeChambeau for example, as the final two rounds go by.
The odds will not be as high with usually only a handful of golfers in the running on the last 2 days, but your odds of winning will be.
What’s more, using cash-out and in-play live betting action together can assist in minimizing your losses, and maximizing your wins in mobile format on-the-go, or relaxing at home on the sofa.
Who is the Favorite to Win the PGA Championship?
Betting on who will win PGA Championship favoritism, or if you’re picking a dark horse underdog at the best odds to win PGA Championship, we’ve got the tips for you right here and their PGA Championship betting odds;
The World #1 has never won the PGA Championship and will be strongly motivated to add the tournament to his majors-winning resume’. Already a multiple-winning major winner, he knows how to win on the biggest stage.
The Northern Irishman is also a proven major winner (4) and one of those was the 2012 PGA Tour Championship at the Kiawah Island course. Don’t be fooled by his #11 world ranking.
World #3 Rahm is yet to break through for a debut major win, but is compiling a great record at the Majors. A renown wind player, the Spaniard is bound to be in the mix at the pointy end of the tournament.
Current World #2 and former PGA Champion (2017) has a superb majors record. Recently (March 2021) won the tough Players Championship, widely considered by the players to be the unofficial ‘5th major’.
Golf’s exciting biggest hitter and reigning U.S. Open champion, Bryson DeChambeau is currently sitting at World #5. His length off-the-tee will be a factor at the short-ish 6911-yard-long Kiawah Island course set-up.
Still only 31 years-of-age, Koepka has compiled an astonishing major record with 4 of his 8 U.S tournament wins being majors, including 2 PGA Championships (2018 & 2019). He has already won on tour in 2021.
PGA Championship Betting Bonuses and Promotions
Compared to other U.S sports, NJ PGA Championship betting sites have few betting bonuses & promotions available for the tournament, although what is presented is good quality;
- Money-back on Golf tournaments going to playoff holes.
- Parlay Insurance – Get between $25-$50 Money Back if you lose only 1-leg of a 4+-leg multi-wager parlay bet that includes the PGA Championship.
To see all available bonuses and promotions, you will need to be logged into your respective registered sportsbooks.
Tips and strategies for PGA Championship betting in NJ
While there is no single secret to success in developing a standalone PGA Championship betting strategy, there are a range of factors to consider to give yourself the best opportunity to maximize your winning potential;
Look for players who have;
- Won on this course before
- Won this season
- Won a major
- Won in the wind
- A Top 20 world ranking
Bet on more than 1 golfer. Golf tournaments are tough to win.
- Pick a winner in the futures betting markets and if he looks like losing come Round 3 or Round 4 use the live in-play betting options to update your pick.
Keep up-to-date with the PGA Championship betting news.
- Use the PGA Championship betting tips and blogs offered by the online sportsbooks.
If you intend to place a PGA Championship futures wager, do it as early as possible out from the tournament to nail-down the best odds.
Allocate an PGA Championship Betting Bankroll and don’t break it. Your betting will be leaner, more efficient and educated if your budget is carefully defined.
Statistics and useful general information
Championship Winners Last 10 years
- 2020 – Colin Morikawa
- 2019 – Brooks Koepka
- 2018 – Brooks Koepka
- 2017 – Justin Thomas
- 2016 – Jimmy Walker
- 2015 – Jason Day
- 2014 – Rory McIlroy
- 2013 – Jason Dufner
- 2012 – Rory McIlroy
- 2011 – Keegan Bradley
Most PGA Championship Wins
- 5 – Jack Nicklaus & Walter Hagen
- 4 – Tiger Woods
- 3 – Sam Snead & Gene Sarazen
PGA Championship Biggest Underdog Victory
In 2003, the #169-ranked Shaun Micheel won his lone PGA Tour title when he won the PGA Championship at the incredible odds of +35000.
H2: When & Where is This Year’s PGA Championship
PGA Championship locations this year
- May 20-23 2021
- Ocean Course, Kiawah Island Golf Resort, South Carolina.
PGA Championship Betting in NJ FAQ's
Will Tiger Woods play the PGA Championship?
Has anyone ever hit a hole-one at the PGA Championship?
Who was the last underdog to win the PGA Championship?
Who was the last non-U.S. player to win the PGA Championships?
What is Bryson DeChambeau’s longest ever driver?
NJ Sports Betting NewsSee more
- NJ Sports Betting
- PGA Championship Betting in NJ