For those deeply interested in Super Bowl Betting Online, please check out the definitive full list of operators on our sportsbook reviews page, and click on ‘review’ to read in-depth operator information.
The biggest of U.S. professional sporting events, the Super Bowl is the NFL’s biggest day. The entire nation comes to a standstill and everyone throws a Super Bowl Party. So do the online sportsbooks!
With every sportsbook offering betting on the Super Bowl, sorting out the best Super Bowl betting sites can be a hit-and-miss affair. Discovering which site offers the best Super Bowl prop bets or Super Bowl Line can confuse us.
Avoid all the confusion as we navigate a safe-and-secure pathway through the maze to empower you to become a Super Bowl betting expert yourself!
How to bet on the Super Bowl in New Jersey
If you’re betting on the Super Bowl for the first time, or even just beginning with NFL betting overall, there’s a definitive step-by-step process to go through in the first instance if you’re interested in how to place bets on the Super Bowl in NJ;
1. Our recommendation is to register with more than one online sportsbook. The best odds can sometimes be accessed on a range of different of Super Bowl 2023 sites. If you’re signed up with a selection of sportsbooks, you give yourself the best opportunity to never miss out on the best odds available.
2. From your selected Super Bowl betting sites, navigate to the ‘Football betting’ section or it may be named ‘NFL’ or ‘Super Bowl betting’ section and check the betting odds and markets available, such as money lines, props, point spreads, parlays etc. (different bet types are explained below – see the “Popular Types of Super Bowl Bets” section).
Look for betting value (i.e. the best return for your betting dollar). For those new to understanding odds and their value, please check out our easy-to-understand odds guide
3. Set the amount you wish to wager. Beginners take note; the best online sportsbooks have bet-limiting tools to set your session, daily, weekly and monthly spending limits.
Never bet with money you don’t have. Try to imagine your sports wagering as an entertainment expense. If need be, you can even self-exclude yourself to limit your spending if it gets out of control.
4. After joining a nice selection of Super Bowl betting sites, and choosing a bet type and your personalized budget, you’ll need to fund your online sportsbook accounts with a deposit. Making a deposit by any number of safe-and-secure payment methods, will usually qualify you for a Sign-Up Bonus (usually a risk-free first bet or a first deposit matching bonus).
Be sure to pay attention to the terms and conditions of the welcome bonuses and promotions. Once you’re registered and complete your first deposit, the sooner you can place your wagers and lock in the best possible betting odds to increase your chances of maximizing your winnings.
5. Super Bowl Sunday is the busiest betting day of the year. Get your bets in as early as possible to ensure you’re not dealing with heavy site traffic or technical issues. What’s more, odds are usually better for early bets, particularly futures wagers. Make the most of your wagers by securing the best odds and betting early.
Popular Types of Super Bowl Bets
There are an enormously varied number of bets; it is difficult to know what to bet on in the Super Bowl. To ensure you’re not confused for choice, here are the most common bet types and pitfalls to avoid:
- Money line – Quite simply, which team will win the game. You don’t have to worry about margin of victory. If the team you bet on wins, you win your wager!
- Point spread – This is the most common of all football bets. For example, imagine in Super Bowl 2023, the Buccaneers will be a six-point favorite over the Chiefs. This is written as “Buccaneers (-6)” or “Chiefs (+6)”. The six-point spread means that, if you bet on the Buccaneers (-6), you only win your bet if the Bucs win by 7 points or more. If the Bucs win 31-23, you win your bet on the Bucs. On the other hand, if you bet on the Chiefs (+6), you lose your bet!
- Total points (Super Bowl over/under) – Wager on the combined point totals of the two teams in the Super Bowl are over or under the number offered by the NFL betting site. For example, imagine a Pittsburgh Steelers vs New York Giants Super Bowl set at Over 45.5/Under 45.5. If you believe that the two teams will combine to score 46 points-or-more, bet the over. If you anticipate the two teams will combine for less than 45 points, you should bet on the under.
- Prop bets – Short for proposition, betting on absolutely any possible individual player or team performance such as passing yards, receiving, yards, number of team sacks, first touchdown scorer, even something as obscure as the Super Bowl coin toss.
- Futures Betting – The best online Super Bowl betting sites offer futures betting on the Super Bowl, weeks or even months before the game. Super Bowl Winner, MVP Winner, or which two teams will represent the AFC/NFC respectively are other popular futures bets that you can wager on months out from the Super Bowl.
- Live Betting – See “Live Betting” section directly below.
Betting option beginners should avoid (or use a promotion to lessen the risk)
Parlay Bets – Parlay Wagers are best avoided by rookie bettors, however, the great news is that Super Bowl betting sites are now offering promotions to assist beginners and experts alike to lessen the extreme risks of parlay betting.
Parlay bets are an accumulated set of wagers (usually 3-or-more wagers – each separate wager in a parlay is referred to as a ‘leg’), taken over a selection of games (the Super Bowl can be included with other matches in a parlay) or in-game wagers (any number of in-game ordered prop bets offered through the Super Bowl – sometimes called a ‘Same Game Parlay’)
With each leg win in the parlay wager, the odds accumulate, and big wins are possible. However, if only one leg of your parlay wager loses, usually your entire parlay bet is then lost.
Decrease your Parlay Betting Risk – For beginners looking to try parlay betting, many of the best online super Bowl betting sites now offer permanent promotions such as ‘Parlay Insurance, or ‘win your Parlay wager, if you lose only 1 leg’ which decreases your risk and assists in learning about parlay wagering in a more secure environment than usually available. See ‘Super Bowl bonuses and promotions’ section below for more details.
Place live wagers on the Super Bowl at changing betting lines/odds in real time. Other than real-time updates, Super Bowl odds are reset at half-time, giving you a more realistic and flexible betting experience.
Live betting is usually offered on the same markets as regular sports betting. Giving you an opportunity to maximize your wins and minimize your losses, many sportsbooks blend a ‘cash out’ option to live betting to opt out of your bet if it looks like losing at any time, or if you want to collect your win early.
To stay up-to-date with the betting action anywhere/anytime, mobile live betting is featured on the betting apps of all leading Super Bowl betting sites.
Who’s the favorite to win the Super Bowl?
Already thinking about who will Super Bowl LVII in 2023? Let’s examine some of the leading teams and their odds (odds subject to change);
2023 Super Bowl Odds
The Bills, who are 0-4 in their history in Super Bowls, have been one of the favorites since the season began. Titanic quarterback Josh Allen is a one-man wrecking crew. Allen has two strong wide receivers in Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis, and the defense is led by sackmaster Von Miller.
Kansas City Chiefs
2023 Super Bowl Odds
When you have Patrick Mahomes behind center, you’re never out of a game. The Chiefs superstar quarterback sets the bar in the NFL with his vision and ability to make plays out of nothing.
2023 Super Bowl Odds
The Eagles soared to the top of the NFC in 2023 starting the year with a long win streak. Quarterback Jalen Hurts has gotten more accurate and he has two great targets in AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith.
2023 Super Bowl Odds
The Big D in Dallas stands for defense these days. Superstar linebacker Micah Parsons is a dynamic playmaker and the ‘Boys still have quarterback Dak Prescott at the controls.
San Francisco 49ers
2023 Super Bowl Odds
San Francisco made a big mid-season deal for superstar running back Christian McCaffrey and he gives the offense a boost with his ability to run the ball and catch it out of the backfield. The 49ers were in the NFC Championship Game in 2022, losing to the Rams.
2023 Super Bowl Odds
Lamar Jackson has become the NFL’s premier dual threat quarterback with his elusiveness and game-changing speed. The Ravens always boast a powerful defense and a playoff pedigree.
Super Bowl betting bonuses and promotions
As the Super Bowl draws closer, sportsbooks will be offering a wide range of promotions connected to the big game.
New users can sign up at one of the regulated online sportsbooks to see the offers and the exclusive Super Bowl deals.
Among the range of deals offered for the Super Bowl include:
- Big Game Odds Boosters
- Super Bowl Free Bets
- Bet $100, Get Another $100 bet
- Mystery Wagers (new futures wager offered each day after logging in)
- Daily Profit Boosts on Wagers on Log-in
- Super Bowl OT money-back
- Super Bowl Parlay Insurance – Up to $25 Money Back if you lose only 1-leg of a multi-match parlay that includes the Super Bowl.
- Super Bowl In-Game Parlay Specials – ALL money back if you lose only 1-leg of your in-game parlay wager.
Tips and strategies for Super bowl betting
You’ve gone through the whole NFL season and now it all comes down to this: the Super Bowl.
This is one game for the Vince Lombardi Trophy, the game people remember and talk about forever.
Before you place your first Super Bowl bet, be mindful of how much money you can afford to lose. Never bet over your head.
Consider any injuries that may hurt one team’s performance, look at past history between the two teams, that can often provide a hint as to who might be the winner
At this point of the season, you know the two teams in the Super Bowl are good, but what team seems like a team of destiny? What team is on the rise? Or what team has been waiting for this chance?
Make sure to check the lines and market each day to see what might be changing.
Previous Super Bowl Winners + Statistics
Super Bowl Winners – Last 10 years
- 2022 – Los Angeles Rams
- 2021 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 2020 – Kansas City Chiefs
- 2019 – New England Patriots
- 2018 – Philadelphia Eagles
- 2017 – New England Patriots
- 2016 – Denver Broncos
- 2015 – New England Patriots
- 2014 – Seattle Seahawks
- 2013 – Baltimore Ravens
Teams with Most Super Bowl Wins
- 6 – New England Patriots
- 6 – Pittsburgh Steelers
- 5 – Dallas Cowboys
- 5 – San Francisco 49ers
- 4 – Green Bay Packers
- 4 – New York Giants
Super Bowl Betting History
- Favorites lead Super Bowl money line betting history. They are 37-19 in the previous 56 Super Bowls.
- Favorites are also 31-23-2 against the spread. Last year the Rams were 4.5-point favorites but didn’t cover in their 23-20 victory.
- The biggest point spread in Super Bowl history was Super Bowl XXIX when the 49ers were favored by 18 points over the San Diego Chargers. The oddsmakers were smart. San Francisco beat the Chargers 49-26.
Dates, places, streaming
- Location – State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.
- Date – Sunday, February 12, 2023
- Time – 6:30 p.m. EST (estimated time of kickoff)
- TV Channel – Fox
- Half-Time Show – Rihanna
- How to stream Super Bowl LVII – FoxSports App.